Quality orthopedic care in Sarasota, Florida
The orthopedic and spine institute team at Doctors Hospital of Sarasota includes some of the area's most respected physicians and clinical staff. This dedicated team specializes in orthopedics, neurosurgery and spinal surgery.
To learn more about our orthopedic care services, call Doctors Hospital of Sarasota at (941) 342-1100.
Complete bone, joint and spine care
Our orthopedic specialist are joined by a team of experienced nursing professionals, rehabilitative therapists, pain experts, dietitians and related health care professionals. We provide a comprehensive, multidisciplinary approach to your treatment care.
Our dedicated orthopedic surgeons and doctors are focused on providing quality care to patients needs in Sarasota, FL.
We use robotic orthopedic surgery whenever possible. For example, we provide arthroscopic surgery, which uses a small camera and light to diagnose and treat problems inside a joint. We may use arthroscopy on a variety of procedures for the shoulder, elbow, wrist, hip and other joints.
Some of our orthopedic surgical services include:
- Total and partial hip replacement
- Total and partial knee replacement
- Shoulder replacement
- Carpal tunnel syndrome treatment
We are recognized by Blue Cross Blue Shield for providing evidence-based care in knee and hip replacement surgery and spine surgery. We are also recognized by Healthgrades as one of America's 100 best hospitals in spine surgery in 2020, a five-star recipient in hip fracture treatment and a five-star recipient in spinal fusion surgery.
Our spinal doctors and surgeons use advanced surgery procedures. Some of the surgical spine treatments they offer include:
- Cervical surgery is performed-usually on an elective basis-to treat nerve/spinal cord issues (using decompression surgery) or spinal instability (using fusion surgery)
- Discectomy surgery removes abnormal disc material that presses on a nerve root or the spinal cord causing pain or weakness
- Laminectomy surgery enlarges the spinal canal to relieve pressure on the spinal cord
- Kyphoplasty is a minimally invasive surgery to treat spinal compression fractures, usually caused by osteoporosis
We also offer minimally invasive robotic surgery for some spinal issues. This option leads to reduced pain, scarring and recovery time for qualifying patients.
Before your surgery
We are committed to making you feel at ease before your procedure. To achieve this goal, we offer a preoperative education class before your upcoming surgery. This class will prepare you and your family or support person for your surgical experience and recovery process. The class is held every Wednesday morning at 9:30 a.m.
For more information, or to register for our preoperative education class, call (941) 342-3381.
Transport, lodging and convenience (TLC ) program
We offer an exclusive program for patients who may be concerned about the early morning drive the day of surgery.
The TLC program offers:
- Check-in the night before your surgery
- Round trip transportation within the greater Sarasota area
- Private room before and after surgery
- Dinner the evening before surgery from our enhanced menu
Call (941) 342-3360 for pricing, availability and to register.
Our physical therapy and rehabilitation team works with your physician to evaluate your needs after surgery. We customize a plan to maximize your strength and independence during recovery. If you need continued rehabilitation, we have a comprehensive outpatient rehabilitation center focused on optimizing your post-surgery outcome.