Quality emergency care in Sarasota, Florida
The ER at Doctors Hospital of Sarasota serves patients along the I-75 corridor including patients from Sarasota, Lakewood Ranch, Bradenton and Venice with 24/7 emergency care. Our team is comprised of physicians, nurses and specialists certified in emergency care. We offer emergency room care for patients of all ages, including children.
If you are having a medical emergency, call 911 immediately.
Comprehensive emergency care
Our emergency room doctors and staff are prepared for any medical situation and provides care 24/7. We focus on compassionate care for emergency conditions, including:
- Asthma and other respiratory disorders
- Bone fractures, concussions and other injuries
- Digestive disorders (e.g. diarrhea, vomiting)
- Heart and vascular conditions, such as chest pain, heart attack and stroke
- Urinary tract and other types of infections
Doctors Hospital of Sarasota ER in Lakewood Ranch features the same quality care and support as our main emergency room.
Primary Stroke Center
We are designated by The Joint Commission as a Primary Stroke Center. This certification means our program complies with the highest national standards for safety and quality care in the rapid response and treatment of acute stroke patients.
- A trained stroke team available 24/7
- Rapid turnaround of imaging and radiology exams
- Quick results from diagnostic and lab procedures
- Dedicated stroke unit
- Rehabilitation specialists committed to helping patients regain a comfortable quality of life
- Multidisciplinary stroke committee that reviews patient care and outcomes monthly