If you need to talk or request a referral, call us at (941) 342-4461.
Serenity Place at Doctors Hospital offers specialized behavioral health care focusing on diagnosis, stabilization and individualized treatment in a dedicated setting.
Mon - Fri: 5:30pm - 6:30pm
Sat & Sun: 3:00pm - 4:30pm
September is Suicide Prevention Awareness Month
National Suicide Prevention Week is September 10 - 16, 2017, beginning with World Suicide Prevention Day on the 10th. During this day and week, individuals and organizations alike will be drawing attention the problem of suicide and advocating the prevention of this terrible tragedy. Suicide is a national health problem that currently ranks as the 2nd leading cause of death for ages 10 - 24. Suicide is also one of the leading causes of preventable death in our nation.
The Jason Foundation has created an Informational Packet for your use during September. Visit the link below and download a packet for information on Suicide Prevention Awareness Month and ideas for activities that you can conduct to help bring awareness to this terrible tragedy.
Private Setting, Customized Care
- 16 private rooms
- Dedicated wing of the hospital to ensure confidentiality and privacy
- Treatment programs customized to each patient:
- Treatment options
- Individual therapy
- Group therapy
- Educational groups
- Loss management and Relapse prevention
- Group activities (music, dance, reminiscence, yoga)
Meet the Director
Michael Fitzgerald, RN, BSN
Director of Behavioral Health at Serenity Place
Work: (941) 342-4483
Do You or Someone You Love Need Help?
Some patterns that may signal you or someone you love needs help include:
- Major change in personality, such as feeling more angry or anxious
- Disruption in daily activities, such as inability to socialize, work or perform daily chores
- Hallucinations or paranoid delusions that disrupt functioning
- Inability to adjust or recover from loss, such as the death of a loved one, loss of home or finances, diagnosis of a terminal illness or loss of independence, such as inability to drive
We are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. For more information, please complete the form below or call us at (941) 342-4461.