The Wound Center at Doctors Hospital of Sarasota has a staff of physicians, PAs and registered nurses who specialize in the healing of stubborn wounds. Combining diagnostic studies, multi-specialty physicians, advanced wound care agents and in-depth patient education, the Wound Center has demonstrated success in closing long-standing, non-healing wounds.
Types of Wounds
- Diabetic Ulcers
- Ischemic Ulcers
- Insect Bites
- Stasis Ulcers
- Traumatic Injuries
- Any wound resistant to healing
Products and Procedures
- Hyperbaric Oxygen Therapy
- Biologic Dressings (Apligraf, Dermagraft)
- Silver products to reduce bio-burden
- Debriding Agents
- Application of Compression to reduce venous stasis
- Nutritional Assessment and Education
- Vac Therapy
- Off-Loading Devices
- Sharp Debridement
- Coordination of patient care with home health services
Wound Care Services are BY APPOINTMENT ONLY.
Phone: (941) 342-8060
Fax: (941) 371-3307
Mon.-Thur. 8:30 am to 4:30 pm; Fri. 9:00 am to 3:30 pm
The Wound Center is located at 5741 Bee Ridge Rd.,Suite 120, on the 1st floor of the Medical Office Building.