HCA West Florida is committed to improving patient care in the communities we serve. Our Clinical Excellence program builds on best in industry performance – resulting in improved patient safety and clinical outcomes.
- 100 Hospital Quality Leaders are certified or licensed in this area
- Facility-based Chief Medical Officers work with physicians to drive Clinical Excellence
- Patient Mortality for Septic Shock Decreased 5%
- Blood Transfusions Dropped 26%
- 9 Hospitals recognized as Top Performers in Key Quality Measures by The Joint Commission
- 13 Hospitals received an “A” or “B” Hospital Safety Score from the Leapfrog Group in 2015
Our Clinical Excellence initiatives are focused on quality improvements in a number of key specialty areas including heart attack, open heart surgery, blood stream infection, hip/knee surgery, back surgery and stroke. By leveraging HCA’s national scale, we can bring high quality personalized care to our patients.
As part of HCA, we bring innovative health solutions to the communities we serve.
First national health system to mandate flu vaccination
March of Dimes collaboration to prevent early elective deliveries (39 weeks)
MRSA Reduction Efforts - new standard preventing life threatening infections
HCA’s Sarah Cannon Research Institute is clinical trial leader in more than 75% of approved cancer therapies
Patient Safety Resources
Patients may access the State of Florida’s Agency for Healthcare Administration website at this link for information about this facility: www.floridahealthfinder.gov